Monday, April 28, 2008

Yervant & Joe Buissink!

So as Val and I are prone to do sometimes, we decided to take a spur of moment trip to Chicago yesterday. But it wasn't just for no good reason, we went to see Yervant and Joe Buissink's wedding photography workshop. We had already seen both of them at WPPI in March, but we decided that you can't get too much information or inspiration when it comes to what we do. Joe is an especially influential artist for me right now. His work is amazing, but for me it's really his passion, the things that motivate him, and the way that he thinks about the world that I can easily identify with and really inspire me.

It was also great to hang out with some other photographers from around the midwest as well. We caught up with some people we had met in Vegas and with a few of our Madison photographer friends as well. Plus, I won a copy of Aperture 2.0! Woo Hoo! I'm installing as I type and I can't wait to put it to use!

Our first wedding of the season is Thursday, and I can't wait to get out there and shoot!

Part of the day we spent time shooting a model bride in the lobby area of the gorgeous Chicago Hilton.





1 comment:

Dawn Davis said...

What an incredible seminar!!!! It was nice to read your post. Congrats on your Aperture win... way to go!!! ~ Dawn